Friday, November 30, 2012

Foam Board Nail Polish Rack

I have a lot of nail polish, probably too much. As it was pointed out I could have worse obsessions.
I had bought a spinning rack for my nail polish a couple months ago, it was quickly filled.
I was kind of storing them in box just to get out of the way, but you cannot see them.
I started googling how to make a nail polish rack myself, as it seemed like the cheapest way.
I came across two goods ones, the popsicle stick rack and the foam board rack.
Well I glued some sticks together and they've been on my floor ever since, eh maybe some day...
So I went to the dollar store and bought some foam board...
I made the rack to the dimensions on their site and I found that I did not like it. I made my shelves 4" apart instead of 5" and I was able to add an extra shelf. The shelves 1.5" wide, 2" wide were too wide in my opinion. But I kept the 1" strips to keep the polish from falling off.
I tried really hard to cut everything straight but you can notice on the shelf strips..oh well...
My dollar store only had white foam board, so I decorated it myself.
I put black construction paper on the back of it and used some pretty paper on the shelf strips.


I think it turned out really well!

This is a link to my updated Foam Board rack Tutorial.
 Click Here




No comments:

Post a Comment